Splitting the source package - what happens to changelog?

Hi all! I currently maintain aspell-tl and itagalog. Both of these packages
are based from one source package which is ispell-tl. I decided that it would
be better to split the source and put debian/* into each package. My question
is how is debian/changelog going to be managed after the split? Should I
retain the debian/changelog in the original package and create a new changelog
for aspell-tl? Or should I retain both?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jan

--
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him