Re: RFS: elinks (updated package)
On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 12:19 +0200, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> The upload would fix these bugs: 408610
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
All wrong. You NMU a package, which has a real maintainer. I know that
he is not really active and/or responsive (well, not very helpful
either); but you miss the following points:
- you don't present your diff to the bugreport going to be NMUed,
- you should give some day to the maintaner to catch up,
- NMUs are not for such minor bugreports,
- you don't fix any important bug that should be fixed (like #400872),
- it's freeze time, only important bugfixes and translation updates are
- have you contacted the maintainer anyway, what did he say?