Re: RFS: quickplot (updated package)

Hi Muammar!

On 2/6/07, Muammar Wadih El Khatib Rodriguez <muammarelkhatib@gmail.com> wrote:
I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.6-3
of my package "quickplot".

On debian/changelog there is:

 * New upstream release.

But actually it isn't a new upstream release, right? (as I can see on
[1], the latest version is 0.8.13).
Also, some nitpicks:
- it's good to include the homepage of the software on the long
description (at debian/control)
- switch "debhelper (>> 4.0.0)" to "debhelper (>> 5)" (debian/control too)
- "echo 5 > debian/compat"
- at debian/rules, remove:

# Uncomment this to turn on verbose mode.
export DH_COMPAT=4

and also remove the commented lines that you don't use.
- I don't think that debian/doc is needed to install the README file
(this file only have info about compiling and installing quickplot)

Doing a quick look I saw these issues.
If you fix at least the changelog entry saying about the new upstream
release and remove the comment lines from debian/rules, I will upload
the package (the other things that I said aren't wrong, but would be
good if you update them as I said).

[1] https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82651

Best regards,
Nelson