Re: Multiple upstream changelog files

On 1/29/07, Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
I maintain a package where the upstream author has two changelog files: A
brief one called Changes, summarizing the changes, and a detailed one called
ChangeLog, which contains a detailed list of changes made to the various
source files. Which one should be installed as "changelog"?

I'd guess the brief one, since it's the one users are most likely to want to
read first, but on the other hand it looks a bit confusing with both a
changelog(.gz) and a ChangeLog.

uhm, if upstream has a file called ChangeLog, I'd be inclined to
install that one as changelog.gz, and install the other one as
Changes.gz.

You could do other things, but I think that this one is the simplest
and clearest.

--
Besos,
Marga