Re: RFS: elinks (updated package)

Hi Ahmed,

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 14:20 +0200, Ahmed El-Mahmoudy wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.11.1-1.3
> of my package "elinks".

Thanks for your work.

I will not upload for the following reason: you're NMU'ing a package,
but not for fixing a bug that is in the BTS.

The developer's reference prescribes to only NMU for bugs that are
already reported. This is to give the maintainer a chance to comment on
it or fix it him/herself. If there's a particular urgency for the bug,
then you can file it *and* NMU it right afterwards. You need a bug to
attach the diff to anyway.

So file the bug you want to fix first.

The maintainer looks very Missing In Action from a first look. I suggest
you have the package orphaned by the QA team, see the developer's
reference for more information on this.

Thijs