Re: RFS: jabbin

* Andrew Donnellan <ajdlinux@gmail.com> [070125 23:51]:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "jabbin".
>
> * Package name    : jabbin
>  Version         : 2.1~20070126.svn.r115-1
>  Upstream Author : Stefano Grini <stefanogrini@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://jabbin.com
> * License         : GPL
>  Section         : net
>
> This version should fix the problems with non-x86 compilation.
> Unfortunately debian/changelog is a bit disorganised and things are in
> the wrong place, that will be fixed later.
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> jabbin     - Jabber client supporting Jingle and VoIP
>
> The package is lintian clean.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/j/jabbin/jabbin_2.1~20070126.svn.r115-1.dsc

I've no audio on my unstable boxes, so I'm unable to test (and thus to
sponsor) the package, but some things I noticed:

* As is is a snapshot, telling which command was used to generate it would
  be nice, so the non-svn savy of us can more easily verify that it is
  genuine. (If it was downloaded from somewhere, please give the link to
  that, as the link in the debian/copyright is no archive)

* if you generate the .tar yourself anyway, you could let out the
  "3party" stuff. Otherwise it would be nice to note somewhere how
  you have made sure that the Debian versions have been used instead
  of statically using the shipped stuff. Or at least how the stuff
  it includes is different from the Debian versions that using it
  instead of the installed versions could possibly excused.

* As it contains so much stuff, I'm a bit lost what code is actually
  used. But the resulting binaries might be indistributeable, as the
  main program is GPL with exceptions for qt and stuff only accessed
  via qt or qca, while it also seems to be used at other parts which
  look like they might also be used more directly. (libjingle, xmlsec)
  If nothing bad happens, some note in the source package that nothing
  bad happens and why would be nice.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth