Re: RFS: libdevice-serialport-perl

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 07:53:05PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On further investigation, one likely reason appears to be that a
> specific recommendation was made that was not followed-up.

I think this was addressed, if I'm understanding correctly.  According
to the proposed libdevice-serialport-perl control file:

  Maintainer: Debian Perl Group <pkg-perl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
  Uploaders: Zak B. Elep <zakame@spunge.org>

Perhaps I should dup this package and add myself as an uploader too,
since I haven't heard back from Zak recently?  I already have an alioth
account (keescook-guest).

As for sendpage (from your prior email), I'm also the upstream author of
that (though not the packager), so I'd be happy to test it.

Besides sendpage, I get email from Debian users that install
libdevice-serialport-perl from the repo and discover it's busted before
installing a modern version from CPAN.  (i.e. people are using it for
their own projects/tools.)

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net