Re: RFS: libssh -- SSH and SCP library (new package)

On Thursday 21 December 2006 10:17, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester wrote:
> >   So I've updated my package to fix the version number, and use real
> > orig.tar.gz (but still repackaging it to match version number, so
> > different md5).
>
> first, it's good to use the ~, but then, upstream released 0.2rc, not
> 0.2rc1. So, the version should be 0.2~rc.

  I'm not sure why Laurent choose 0.2~rc1, maybe in case there is more than
one RC. But since 0.2~rc is less than 0.2~rcX, it should be ok.

> second, whatever version you use, there is absolutely no sense in
> repacking it here. the directory name when the tarball is unpacked is of
> no interest at all. please use the original upstream tarball.

  That's what I thought by reading the developer's reference #6.7.8.1, but
someone (can't remember who) told me that orig tarball should unpack to
packagename-version.
  Anyway, this is fixed.
  http://dgnr.free.fr/debian/unstable/libssh_0.2~rc-1.dsc
  Thanks a lot for your help.