Re: netcdf packages

On Monday 11 December 2006 05:34, schönfeld / in-medias-res.com wrote:
> General:
> In my other mail i told you that i think it is bad to use a pre-beta.
> Now that i got this package to compile my impression is hardened because
> while compiling there do occur about several hundred of warnings. Okay,
> but i commit, that i don't know if a stable release of netcdf is
> building cleaner. Also build process is taking a *very* long time, but
> thats because of CDBS.

The latest full release of the NetCDF libs are no cleaner, unfortunately. In
fact, the lastest full release dosn't support shared libs. The Debian package
has hacked in support to build the shared libs.

> debian/control:
>  * You miss some build-deps. The build process does use texi2dvi while
> building, which is in package texinfo. Also you need to build-depend on
> tex because texi2dvi does not work without a running tex installation.

Okay, the build deps now look like:
Build-Depends: cdbs, debhelper (>= 5), autotools-dev, gfortran, tex, texi2dvi

> Version of your package results in a lintian warning, because your
> version string is not like it should be in Debian. Your version should
> be foo-x.x.x (another .x is for NMUs).

I want the package to be sorted before a real -1 release in the debian archive
so that folks installing the pre packages don't have to worry about manually
removing the pre packages to get the real ones. I will collapse the pre
packages into one changelog entry for the -1 release.

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science