Re: RFS: knetstats

Hi Daniel,

I've re-uploaded the package. Please have a look at it.

> your package is a native package, don't do this. additionally, please
> fix the following things:

I wasn't able to understand much about this issue (Maybe because I've not done
much reading). There are many packages which don't have a proper version
format. How do the maintainers tackle such software ?

>  * remove the useless empty line at the end of changelog.
This is fixed.

>   * this is ugly (in README.Debian):
I didn't understand this much.

---snipp---
  -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com>, Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
 ---snapp--

    and this is beautiful:

---snip---
  -- Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r...@researchut.com>  Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:55:48 +0530
 ---snapp---

   note that only the comma is different after your email address.

FIXED

  * this is wrong:

---snipp---
  Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
 ---snapp---

    and this is right:

---snipp---
   Homepage: http://knetstats.sourceforge.net/
 ---snapp---

    note the *two* leading spaces.

Not sure what it was. Maybe FIXED.

  * remove the template cruft at the bottom of debian/copyright:
FIXED

---snip---

# Please also look if there are files or directories which have a
 # different copyright/license attached and list them here.
 ---snapp---

  * debian/dirs is not required, the directories are just created as
     they should.

FIXED.

  * don't add README to docs, it doesn't contain any usefull
     information.

But I've seen many of the applications carrying the README files also.
Whether they are useful or not depends upon what information one is trying to
look at.

  * remove the useless commented things in the manpage.
FIXED

  * postinst is empty, so remove it.
FIXED

  * remove the useless commented things in debian/rules and
     debian/watch.
 FIXED

  * your package does not build, it is missing some of the kde build
     depenendcies.
This is what confused me the most. If I follow the tricks mentioned in the
package build docs, it gives me a huge list of packages which I should add as
Build-Depends. I don't think adding 30 package names in Build-Depends makes
sense (and is the right way).
What practise do you/others follow for finding Build Dependency packages?

  * your manpage does not get installed, you have to use debian/manpage
     for that (read man dh_installman)
FIXED

Thanks for bearing with me for the delay.
If there is anything which still needs fixed, please let me know. Would be
great if you also provide pointer to docs where I could refer for those
particular errors.

Thansk,
Ritesh

--