Re: RFS: LiE computer algebra for Lie groups

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 11:03:11PM +0100, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> > We need to see your source package to comment. Please post an URL to
> > the .dsc
>
> .dsc:    http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/lie_2.2.2-1.dsc
> .tar.gz: http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/lie_2.2.2-1.tar.gz

You should not be making a native package. Place upstream's tarball,
renamed to lie_2.2.2.orig.tar.gz one directory above lie-2.2.2, so
dpke-source will find it and create the proper kind of package.

Don't ship CVS dirs.

Remove debhelper example files from yout debian/ dir.

README.Debian is debhelper template. Remove it if there's nothing to
be said.

debian/changelog:
- Have you filed an ITP for this package? If not, do so. If you have,
  put the bug number in the changelog.

debian/copyright:
- Upstream has two available tarballs. Please document in copyright
  which one you're using (I believe it's
  http://young.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr/~marc/LiE/conLiE.tar.gz)

debian/control:
- I believe this package should be section: math
- You need a long description for the package.
- libc6-dev is build-essential, you do not need to depend on it.
- debhelper (>= 4.0.0) is over-specified. (>= 4) is enough.
- You missed a build-depends on bison.

debian/rules:
- Remove commented out lines

I'll probably have further comment, as soon as my local mirror stops
sulking and it lets me upgrade my pbuild chroot :-/

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28

Billboard billboard burning bright / in my windshield every night.
Lead me to a decent joint / where I can stop and get a bite.