Re: Subject: RFS: mantis (updated package)

Eric Lavarde - Debian wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>>   * debian/copyright is incomplete, you need to list all copyright
>>>     holders and their licenses. e.g. adodb and phpmailer is missing (and
>>>     likely also others, stopped after finding these two).
>> Hmm. Do i really need to do this? Because my debian/rules don't install
>> them, as i patched the sources (with patch 01 and 02) to use the debian
>> packages of them instead. I just did not want to change the orig tarball
>> for this.

> You need to clean up the orig tarball (written somewhere in the policy).
> And then the copyright question is solved as well.

No, you don't! You *only* modify the source tarball to remove things
that are not free.

The software is free but you don't install it into the deb. That's fine,
but still notice it in debian/copyright: that file covers all licences,
whether stuff is installed into the deb or not, since we are
distributing the source tarball. It would make sense though to make it
explicit that this only applies to the source package.

Thijs