Re: RFC: AKFQuiz (was: new here)

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:04:59 +0100 (MET)
"Andreas K. Foerster" <list@AKFoerster.de> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, dem 26. Nov 2006 schrieb Thibaut Paumard:
>
> > - Say what closes the bug in the changelog (Initial Debian upload. Closes...)
>
> Well, as I already tried to say... I know, that the package is not even
> close to be ready for beeing uploaded. I'm looking for help here.
>
> Maybe I should rather take it out (for my personal download area).

The bug will only be closed when you upload the package. It's not a
problem to keep the line in your changelog in the meantime. Of course
you can choose to add it when you feel you are ready for an upload. All
I was saying is surch a line:

  * closes bug#nnnn

is not very helpful, you want it to look like:

  * initial upload (Closes Bug#nnnn).

[...]
> > - Your README.Debian assumes a webserver is installed. Mention the cgi script
> > and the http://localhost/... adress make sense only with a webserver installed.
>
> As you may have seen, my package has several programs in it.
> Since I think the CGI program is not the most important one, the package
> not "Depends" on a webserver, but it "Recommends" one.
>
> | Recommends: xdialog, apache | boa | httpd
>
> Is that okay that way?
> I've successfully tested it with apache and boa.
> The server thttpd did not work.

All I'm saying is your README.Debian is not clear about that.

> The program xdialog is needed for diaquiz, which I also consider as
> secondary.

In my opinion, your README.Debian should explain the Suggests: and
Recommends:.

[...]

Thibaut.