Re: RFC: AKFQuiz

On (24/11/06 22:27), Joachim Reichel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> James Westby wrote:
> > There is a cleaner method of handling them though that some packages
> > use, where the files are updated as required, but they do not appear in
> > the diff.
>
> can you explain the procedure in a few words, or give a package as
> reference?

I've never done it myself, but I think the idea is

  1) At the start of build/configure target (i.e. the first thing done
     when building the package move the existing config.guess and
     config.sub to temporary files e.g. config.sug.orig. Then move the
     files from /usr/share in to the vacated spaces.

  2) In clean target delete delete config.sub and config.guess and move
     the originals back in ot place.

This means that the the files are unchanged after clean and so will not
be in the diff.gz, but they will be updated before they are used as
required for the build.

The important part is to detect when these things should happen I think
the logic is only do 1) if the config.{sub,guess}.orig files are not
present, and only do 2) if they are (so that a clean wont nuke all the
files if run twice).

I can't name a package that does it unfortuanately, but someone might be
able to point you in the correct direction.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256