Re: variables from shell output in makefile

Hello,
thanks for your suggestions. I will try the ones not already tried.
Already tried without spaces surrounding the "=".
The code snippet is from my debian/rules file.
The export shell is allowed in debian/rules?
Did not tried ":=" . I thought it was a single expand, not recursive as
"=".

  1) /usr/bin/php-config --extension-dir produces no output
It produces the correct output at shell prompt.
  2) It produces output on stderr (I believe this wont be caught.
Well, at shell prompt it works.
  3) The value is overriden by the environment.
Tried EXTDIR previously. Then EXT_DIR.
Will try without the semicolon at the end.

This is not an assignment in this form. Try removing the spaces
surrounding the "=". Didn't you get something like "EXT_DIR: command not
found"?

Already tried to remove the spaces. Same result.
Got "EXT_DIR=" output then

cp /home/sedsl/temp/compilation/php-java-bridge-3.1.8/debian/php-java-bridge//JavaBridge.war

Notice the "//".
CURDIR is expanded.

Thanks.
Andre Felipe Machado