Re: How to handle this: mantis DB upgrade 0.19 -> 1.0.6

On (24/11/06 15:30), Patrick Schönfeld wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i'm currently packaging a new version of mantis as i just adopted the
> package. But i'm stuck on the point, how to handle updates.
>
> Its like this:
> Mantis in Debian is v. 0.19. Current upstream is 1.0.6. There has been
> huge changes in the database. I want to use dbconfig-common to handle
> database installation and so forth, but i am unsure if it will handle
> the situation and of what i need to do for it to do so. Upstream author
> provides a php - script for updating, which works good and could be
> called via php4-cli and a little "hack" which will give it the right
> parameters. But is that really what i want? Is there a better way to do
> it with dbconfig-common. And if no: Is there a way to wrap
> dbconfig-common arround this "hack"?

You could have a look at the maintainer scripts of mysql, they have to
deal with database upgrades.

I'm not sure if you want to be upgrading automatically, but you could
install a script that runs the php script as required and inform the
user they need to do it. Can you even know where all the databases are
on the system?

I may have some of this wrong, apologies in that case.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256