RFC: Language and fork issues with onscripter

Hi all,

I've been looking at onscripter as a program to package. It's a GPL'd
clone of the 'nScripter' game engine, which is frequently used for
Japanese visual novel games. insani.org has created an (apparently
friendly) fork of onscripter with support for English 1byte character
sets, and English localizations, for use in visual novel translation
projects. It seems to be compatible with original Japanese nscripter
games as well, however game engine strings can only be toggled between
English and Japanese with a compile-time preprocessor define.

Should I name this package onscripter-insani to reflect that it is a
fork or simply onscripter? What's the generally accepted practice to
build a package twice with different CFLAGS? I'm using cdbs here, but
this is my first package using it so any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

My current work-in-progress package can be found at
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/onscripter-insani/

Thanks,

Bryan Donlan