Re: To adopt or not to adopt: smstools

Hello,

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Patrick Schönfeld wrote:
> Now i asked the maintainer of this package, if he lost time on this
> project or something like that. He did not respond. But he seems to be
> active otherwise and i know he might be busy because of the upcoming
> release. But how to go on with this? I would happily package further
> versions of smstools if someone let me. I even have packaged a current
> version on-top of the original maintainers work. I've uploaded it to
> mentors.d.o but i'm unsure if i should RFS because it *has* a
> maintainer. Maybe it would be an alternative to add a new package smstools3?
>
> d.m.o address:
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=smstools
>
> What do you think should i do?

1. If the new upload closes open bugs on the BTS then post the URL of
your mentors.debian.net package to these bugs so that anyone coming
across these bugs will know that a solution exists.

2. Wait for the maintainer to respond. (Note that the maintainer will
also get a copy of your reports to the BTS).

3. After a suitable amount of time you may want to contact
debian-qa@lists.debian.org and/or mia@qa.debian.org if the maintainer
still does not respond.

Regards,

Kapil.