Problem with really long argument list to dpkg-shlibdeps

Hi,

[no need to CC me, I'm subscribed].

I'm trying to package Octaviz and I'm running into problems with
dpkg-shlibdeps. The package generates around 1000 binary
modules/plugins. Running dpkg-shlibdeps over these files makes for
really weird errors[1], due to the length of the command line passed to
dpkg-shlibdeps (at least that's what I believe). Shortening the line or
passing all files in a for-loop works alright.

Is there some best practice solution for this?

[1]
http://www.num.uni-sb.de/~weber/debian/temp/octaviz_0.4.5-1_i386.build.gz (124kb)
Beware, the extracted file has 5 MB. Look for line 17394, which is about
90k lines long.

Thanks
	Thomas