Re: binary files in diff

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Frank Küster wrote:

Thank you, that's nice.  Oh, well, for the non-Perlmaniacs it might be
confusing that two functions are called after the other, and hard to
understand that print just prints the result of the pack or unpack
function.  Is

perl -ne 'print(pack "u", $_);'

better (and actually works always, not only with my test file)?

Yes I suppose that is more legible. Don't forget to mention that $_ has to become $$_ in a Makefile. I remember that totally confused me when I first tried this and got weird errors.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>