question about conflicts/dependencies

I have a question about conflicts and dependencies ...

Here's the situation:

On my sid box, I had apt-file v. 2.0.8 installed.  A new version
2.0.8.1 became available, but apt-get [dist-]upgrade did not install
it.

To resolve it not upgrading, I apt-get remove'd it.  Next I apt-get
install'd it and got the following:

    kevin@scout:~/tmp$ sudo apt-get install apt-file
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
      libconfig-file-perl
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      libconfigfile-perl
      apt-file libconfig-file-perl

So now it seems the upgrade wouldn't occur because
libconfigfile-perl was installed on my sid box but needed to be
replaced by the newer libconfig-file-perl.

The debian/control file in the apt-file package correctly calls for
libconfig-file-perl, which it Depends on.  But should there also be
a Conflicts: libconfigfile-perl in apt-file's control file to force
the removal of libconfigfile-perl on systems such as mine where it
already exists?

Please clarify this for me, and if I'm correct I'll file a bug.  If
I'm wrong I'd like to know how this works.

Thanks
Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941