Re: Sponsoring gcc-h8300-hms

Kurt,

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:52:47PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > Re: Michael Tautschnig 2006-10-25 <20061025181149.GB22654@l03.local>
> > > Furthermore, I'd like to add some notes: Probably brickos and the Lego
> > > Mindstorms Kit is the only use of this and related packages. As such I wonder
> > > whether it is worth trying to upgrade to binutils 2.16.x and gcc-4.x, because
> > > this very outdated version of binutils and gcc just works for this very special
> > > application.
> >
> > As seen on [1], brickos (still) doesn't build on amd64. It looks like
> > a porting problem in binutils, so that might be fixed by upgrading.
> >
> > [1] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=brickos
>
> The new binutils doesn't seem to be better, maybe it also needs the new
> gcc.

Not sure whether you are now talking about building brickos or
binutils-h8300-hms; the latter have seen a new upload last night, which seems to
build nicely. I'm about to prepare new gcc and brickos packages as well,
hopefully that will be done by tonight.

I'm still looking for further sponsors - if anybody is interested, please drop
me a note.

Cheers,
Michael