Re: Version 1 accidentally released as version 2...

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 06:26 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> What's upstream doing about it now?  Are they releasing a 2.0.1 or 2.1 or 3
> or something to replace that one, or are they just sticking with the V2
> package?  Again, what are upstream's plans?  That will have a massive
> bearing on what you do.

Agreeing with and extending what Mathew said, I think the sensible
solution would be for upstream to make a new release, in order to avoid
more confusion.
If that's done then you're job's simple, repackage with the new version
and that's it. Make it as fast as possible though, since your users are
probably a bit confused by now... and if upstream takes a while to
release officially (for any reason), you could just get the CVS version
tagged as 2.0, name it 2.0+1-1 or something like that and upload fast.
If, however, upstream decides to not release a new tarball you repackage
it yourself and use the same naming convention as above.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

--
Leo Antunes <costela@debian.org>