Re: Need help with kernel module building

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 20:03:30 +0200, Marcus Better <marcus@better.se>
wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>> Which component of the build process is supposed to handle the control
>> file generation
>
>module-assistant. You will see that debian/rules includes some files
>from /usr/share/modass. The documentation for module-assistant has the
>details.

Unfortunately, I seem to be too stupid for the (sparse)
module-assistant documentation.

For example, I do not understand the interface between
module-assistant and the module sources.

I have one (inofficial) module source package which seems to build
fine when invoked with debian/rules binary-modules, but fails with
module-assistance. Since I do not know how module-assistant invokes
the module package debian/rules file, I am at a loss to debug.

Is there any documentation I missed? A wiki page with explanations,
maybe?

Greetings
Marc