Relibtoolization problems - .so and .so.0links are gone

Hi,

I've relibtoolized the sources for one of my packages (scribus) according to
the bug #379095 (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=379095), but
this caused the disappearance of all .so and .so.0 links for the internal
libraries and plugins and the names of the resulting shared objects turned out
to be for instance like libsomeplugin.0.0.0 instead of libsomeplugin.so.0.0.0
those the actual plugins are still shared libs as expected. If I remove
erroneous links and rename all libsomeplugin.0.0.0 files to
libsomeplugin.so.0.0.0 and then make symlinks of a kind libsomeplugin.so and
libsomeplugin.so.0 the plugins start working again just fine. So, my question
is can somebody help me find a more proper way to address this issue as
opposed to an ugly hack of renaming files and creating symlinks in the
post-install?

Regards,

Alex.