Re: Executing tests during package building?

Charles Plessy wrote:
> I am packaging a software which includes tests to check if the binary is
> fully funcionnal. However, those tests are much more processor intensive
> than the compilation itself. Is there a general policy about what to do
> with them? Is it enough to run them when testing the package before
> upload, or should them be ran systematically by debian/rules, thus using
> cpu power of the buildds?

I noticed the draft Debian Java policy[1] is to have tests executed but
_not_ cause the build to fail if the tests fail. You might consider
this, or perhaps have enough faith in the tests (or such an eye for
quality) that you might want all tests to pass for a build to succeed.

[1] Draft Debian Java policy:
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Draft#head-ec3570c9f88665cd7338361ed1c2972a764b9e8f

--
tedp