Re: Policy question for mentors.debian.net

Hi, Jeremiah...

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 21:39, Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> I would like to say that I am very impressed by mentors.debian.net. It
> is easy to use and visually appealing.

Thank you. I like our work, too. :)

> I am working with a sponsor on behalf of an upstream software developer.
> The package I am working on (Xnee) is already in debian with the
> afore-mentioned sponsor. Is it appropriate for me to post to
> mentors.debian.net a new package I have built while I simultaneously
> submit that package for approval with my sponsor?

Do I understand correctly that you are one of the upstream developers and
also the Debian package maintainer? According the package information Ross
Burton has lately been maintaining the Debian package.

mentors.debian.net accepts any Debian source packages. So if you need a
place for the package that will help you get the package uploaded into
Debian then you are of course welcome to do so. You can tag your package
as "No, I don't need a sponsor" on mentors.debian.net in your "My
Packages" page thus telling everybody that you already have a sponsor.
Othet potential sponsors will likely disregard your upload then.

I'm just not sure that I understand what your role besides being the actual
developer is.

Cheers
 Christoph
--