Re: How to write a good manpage ?

On Thursday 17 August 2006 17:13, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Marco Bertorello <marco@bertorello.ns0.it> writes:
> > How can I write a manpage good for debian?
>
> Just to add one more opinion, I always write new man pages in POD and
> make Perl do the hard work of converting them to *roff for me.  (Of
> course, I'm biased since I maintain Pod::Man.)  It means a build
> dependency on Perl, but the POD syntax is very simple and quick to
> learn.

I think that Marco's problem isn't HOW write the manpage, but is WHAT
put in it, because the help of the program is ridiculous and useless...

Marco: you should read the docs on the website and, if something isn't
clear, write to the upstream asking him clarification on the various
flags.

Regards
Francesco
--