Re: RFS: jabbin

On 8/15/06, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
On Tuesday 15 August 2006 03:43, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> Is anyone interested in sponsoring this package? I'm happy to fix any
> problems and I'm in close contact with upstream.

I just took a look at the package. Various thoughts:

- the orig.tar.gz that you provide differs in some places from the
  source tarball available from http://www.jabbin.com/int/download

Sorry, yeah the orig.tar.gz I've shipped I'm actually meaning to
release upstream. It's only a cleanup that resolves some issues with
Makefiles etc.

- consider using a version of 2.0~beta2. That way you can later
  call it 2.0 and it will be treated as newer. If you now use
  2.0-beta2 then 2.0 will be considered as older by the numbering
  scheme.

Will do.

- in debian/rules's 'clean:' target you clean away a Makefile.
  But there are several other Makefiles throughout the tree.

The newer tarball should fix this problem, the rm statements should be
removed soon.

- you set export DH_COMPAT=4 in debian/rules but ship a
  debian/compat of 5. User either one.

That export statement was inherited from psi, will remove.

- Also the package is not "lintian"-clean.

Working on it.

andrew

Cheers
 Christoph