Re: Override disparity

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 22:26 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > There are disparities between your recently accepted upload and the
> > override file for the following file(s):
> >
> > muscle-doc_3.60-1_all.deb: package says section is doc, override says science.
>
> I searched the policy, but did not find anything about this particular
> kind of override. Could anybody point me to a relevant documentation ?

This refers to the override file as maintained by the FTP-masters.
That's the canonical file that tells in which section a package is and
which priority it has. The fields in your package are just
informational.

This message means that there's different information in your control
file than in that of the FTP-masters. Usually, you need to change your
packaging to reflect the override file (since that's canonical), but if
you believe that your section is actually better, you can contact the
FTP-masters to discuss it.

Thijs