Re: Help with watch file

Hello Nelson,

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> On 8/4/06, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> >> So I guess the watch file syntax is correct. Maybe some network
> >> problem at your side or at ftp.genetics.wustl.edu?
> >
> >Consider passive mode on/off ?
>
> Yes, it was this.
> Using "uscan --pasv --verbose" with uscan from Sid and from Sarge it worked.
>
> But why on my system it is not working without --pasv? Everybody else
> (that answered) just used "uscan --verbose" and it worked...
> Can somebody, please, explain this to me?

Pssobile reasons.

1. You are using an ftp proxy setting for libwww-perl.

2. Your network has a transparent proxy setup.

One way to diagnose what is the problem is to try a "standard" ftp
client like "ftp" or "ncftp". If that works without passive mode then
it is likely that (1) is the reason.

Hope this helps,

Kapil.