Re: RFS: slurm-llnl and munge

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 02:42 +0200, oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it wrote:
> I have tried to correct all issues you pointed out. Furthermore
> I noticed that there can't be no default configuration file for
> slurm-llnl. Since I don't like that the package doesn't run
> after installation, I wrote a debconf configuration script.
> I'm requesting again a sponsor that can review the packages
> "slurm-llnl" and "munge" and consider their inclusion in the Debian
> distribution. New debs can be found here:

First: It is ok to repackage the upstream tar.bz2 as a tar.gz, but if
you could persuade upstream to provide a tar.gz that is even better.

I have not yet been able to build the packages, so these comments are
just what I saw in the source package. Please make sure you have the all
files needed to build the package on your website, thus for example for
munge a minimum of:

munge_0.5.3-1.diff.gz
munge_0.5.3.orig.tar.gz

> http://www.na.icar.cnr.it/~oliva/debs/slurm-llnl/

- This package is still a Debian native package. Please make sure the
  original tarball is named slurm-llnl_1.1.1.orig.tar.gz so you get a
  slurm-llnl_1.1.1-1.diff.gz when building the package. More
  information here [1]. The version in the changelog should be 1.1.1-1
  instead of 1.1.1.
- Please update your changelog even if your package is not uploaded to
  Debian yet. You had 1.0.1 packaged last month, but there is no changelog
  about the changes you made since.
- Check your Build-Depends: for example configure.ac looks for curses.h
  but you do not build-depend on libncurses5-dev.
- I really like the idea to have a fully usable package after
  installation. But some people might want to configure manually, so:
  - Maybe provide a debconf option to configure everything manually?
  - Please provide a README.Debian that describes the steps to configure
    slurm-llnl.
  - I noticed an openssl certificate is created in postinst, is this
    absolutely necessary? What about people who want to create the
    certificate themselves? Same as above, provide an option to skip this.

> http://www.na.icar.cnr.it/~oliva/debs/munge

- You packaged 0.5 and the latest upstream version is 0.5.3, please
  package the latest version, except if there is a reason against this.
- The prerm script is empty, please remove it.

Adriaan

[1] http://www.us.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-update.en.html#s-orig-tar