Re: How to include information about a source package ?

On Saturday 29 April 2006 22:06, Russ Allbery wrote:
> George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> writes:
> > On Saturday 29 April 2006 21:34, Russ Allbery wrote:
> >> After I've done one upload with a particular upstream source, I usually
> >> just pull the upstream source out of the Debian archive so that I don't
> >> have to worry about it changing.
> >
> > What about random users trying to build your debian source package
> > ... or am I missing something here ?
>
> When they download the package with apt-get source, they get the
> .orig.tar.gz that I used as well.

Seems I misunderstood you in the first place. In that case you do not need the
optional get-orig-source target[1] in debian/rules to fetch the upstream
tarballs from their canonical locations.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB