Re: HowTo upgrade to a newer Debian Policy version

"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I'm not sure at all! :) I suppose that field should tell the
> package builder "Ehi, use debian policy version XXX while building
> this package" and so every script involved will use this information
> to validate the package against the d-p specified.

No. There is only one version of Policy that should (in an ideal world)
be implemented in the packages from sid: the latest one.

The field says that you, as the maintainer, assert that the package
conforms to that particular version of the Debian Policy, to the best of
your knowledge (not mentioning open bugs, of course).

--
Florent