help with texmaker

I've been trying for a while to get texmaker to work.  There an issue I have
been working on for a month and don't know how to fix it. The latex help
manuels can't be found but they are in
/debian/texmaker/usr/share/doc/texmaker .  If somebody could show me what to
do to get the package to "see" this it would help.

    My packages are on http://josephsmidt.googlepages.com/debianpackages .
The package that has my /debian directory is on there too. If somebody could
help me with this we might be able to upload texmaker real soon. It is a
really nice latex editor, the very best I think.

Joseph Smidt
      Joseph Smidt
    jsmidt@byu.edu