Re: Wormux 0.7.1-1

artefact <artefact@altern.org> wrote:

>>- debian/compat should be 5 if you are using debhelper >4
>>

> I would like to keep the compatibility with version 4 in order to
> provide unofficial packages for the stable dist. Of course, I could have
> 2 branches, but does it worth ?

If you don't use compat 5 features, you can stick to 4, no problem.  On
the other hand, how is your package going to get to sarge users?  I
guess through backports, and then you can build it in a sarge-backports
environment, and debhelper 5 is available there.

>>- debian/control
>>  - if your package is in the pkg-games svn repo, and sponsored by an
>>    member of that team, shouldn't the mainter set to them and you just
>>    an uploader?
>>

> For the moment, it is not sponsored by anyone. So, you say I am the
> Uploader, aren't you the Maintainer ?

IMO Alexander was wrong here.  There's no field for sponsors.  Either
the package is team-maintained by the debian-games list (however it is
called), then the list address should be in the maintainer field, with
the people who mostly care about it (DDs or non-DDs) in the Uploaders:
Field.  Or it is maintained only by you, or you and a couple of people
without connection to such a list.  Then you should be in the Maintainer
field, and the possible others (or nobody) in the Uploaders field.

See the Debian Policy on that.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster