Re: spcaview : package review needed

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:09:34PM +0200, Le_Vert wrote:
> Le mardi 25 avril 2006 ?? 11:20 +0800, Paul Wise a ??crit :
> > On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 23:48 +0200, Le_Vert wrote:
> >
> > > spcaview : package review needed
> >
> > The convention is RFC: package -- package description
> >
> > > http://www.le-vert.net/divers/debian-package/spcaview/spcaview_20051212-1.dsc
>
> I'm using dpatch right now, pretty nice, thanks :-)
FYI many people are now starting to use quilt.

> >       * debian/watch: please add one (read uscan(1) for more info)
>
> Added. Looks great but is it usefull ? Can I receive an e-mail when my
> package is no more up to date ?
I don't think there is any .d.o service for this (yet).  I have a
wishlist bug against devscripts for a local cronjob example that will
query DEHS to do this, though.  I also have a 30 line "webdiff" script
I'm running nightly against a couple pages, which I supposed could be
used to do the same thing.

> > E: spcaview source: debian-rules-missing-required-target binary-indep
> > N:
> > N:   The debian/rules file for this package does not provide one of the
> > N:   required targets. All of build, binary, binary-arch, binary-indep, and
> > N:   clean must be provided, even if they don't do anything for this
> > N:   package.
> > N:
> > N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 4.8 for details.
> > N:
> > W: spcaview; A binary links against a library it does not use symbols from
> >  This package contains a binary that links against a library that is
> >  not in the Depends line. This may also be a bug in the library which
> >  does not have a shlibs file.
>
> Binary-indep rule added. What's about the second one ? My lintian
> doesn't give this warning (Etch).
unstable does have a newer lintian; I don't know if thats the cause.
You still know lintian -I, right?  I guess ldd -u might help find the
cause.

Justin