Re: RFC: gnash (FSF Free Flash Player)

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 12:49:35AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:
> >       * debian/control: about mozilla-dev, generally, xulrunner is being
> >         moved to these days, is that something that is possible for the
> >         plugin? I'd love to be able to try this in galeon/epiphany.
>
> I haven't ever had a look at xulrunner but it seems to be interesting. The
> plugin should be compatible with any browser that supports mozilla plugins I
> guess. Is there a standard way to handle that?

If you want the plugin built with xulrunner with any browser (including
the current firefox and mozilla), you'll have to not link against the
xulrunner libraries. The symbols will be already loaded by the browser
anyway, so there won't be a symbol resolution problem. But if you link,
there will be two version of the same symbols in memory and big
problems.

Mike