Re: Anonymous P2P Application: Marabunta

Le Mercredi 19 Avril 2006 20:33, apeiron.laotracara.com a écrit :
> Hello.

	Hi!

> I have created a debian package for an anonymous P2P application called
> Marabunta : http://marabunta.laotracara.com/english.php
>
> The application is entirely under the GPL license.
>
> All the files generated for the debian package can be found at:
> http://marabunta.laotracara.com/debian/
>
> I am searching for a sponsor.

I cannot sponsor it but I can make several remarks so that it reaches the
required quality:
-- Remove marabunta.1.old as it is not used.
-- Remove unused dh_ calls in rules
-- Remove watch template, or fill it in order to use it
-- Do you really need qt4-dev-tools in build dep ? (not tested without yet but
the package description does not seem to be usefull here)
-- The package does not have a copyright file at all!
-- Replace the ITP bug entry template in the changelog with the number of your
ITP
-- You should also check for lintian /linda errors.
For intance:
W: marabunta source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/watch.ex
E: marabunta source: debian-control-file-uses-obsolete-national-encoding at
line 4
E: marabunta; Package contains dh-make or such example files.
E: marabunta; The character 'ó' is forbidden by RFC822.

Another remark: I suggest that you use cdbs for the rule file since the
application is based on a configure script: cdbs is a very clean and fast way
to handle it.
See https://perso.duckcorp.org/duck/cdbs-doc/cdbs-doc.xhtml for a good
documentation on cdbs.

Romain
--
They tried to fool the black population,
By telling them that Jah Jah dead.