Re: translation copyrights

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 9:26 am, Adriaan Peeters wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > What is the correct way to handle copyright statements for translations?
> > When the package has only a few translations, I can easily add the
> > copyright statements to debian/copyright, but when the amount of
> > translations increases, this quickly becomes messy.
>
> Use the GNU Translation Project and request that translators have signed the
> TP disclaimer.
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/index.html

This is going too far given the question. It's good to mention it but you
should explain that it's enough to point to another file for the complete
list of authors/translators if all files use the same license.

This has recently been discussed on debian-devel.

> > Can I refer to an (upstream provided) AUTHORS file, or is it imperative
> > that I include all copyright statements in debian/copyright?

Yes you can. Then you should just provide the AUTHORS/TRANSLATORS file
along with the copyright file in /usr/share/doc/<package>/.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog