RFnS: rzip, a compression program for large files

I'm requesting a new sponsor for rzip [1], a compression program for
large files.  It achieves better compression than programs like gzip and
bzip2 because it operates over larger chunks of the file; gzip and bzip2
examine less than a megabyte at a time while compressing data, but rzip
looks at up to 900MB segments.  rzip was written by Andrew Tridgell and
is licensed under the GPL; you can find more information at
http://rzip.samba.org/.  rzip is already in the Debian archive.

This update brings rzip from version 2.0 to 2.1.  The primary item in
the upstream changelog is "fixed a bug that could cause some files to
not be able to be uncompressed". I've also included several patches, the
most important of which are one that adds GNU-style long options and one
that preserves file modification time across compression.  As of 2.1-1,
there are no outstanding bugs in the BTS.  2.1-1 is lintian and linda
clean, builds in a pbuilder chroot, and passes piuparts tests.  You can
find source, diffs, and i386 debs at
http://www.thened.net/~alec/debian/rzip/2.1-1/.

Thanks for your time.

[1] Stephen Stafford (bagpuss) was kind enough to sponsor my previous
    uploads but appears to have dropped off the face of the (Debian) earth;
    I haven't had a response from him since I contacted him a month ago,
    it's been six months since I can find any trace of him in the Debian
    archives, and his domain clothcat.org expired and was picked up by a
    squatter back in November.