Re: RFS: vim-latexsuite

Hi all,

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 22:58 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > I'm in search of a sponsor to adopt vim-latexsuite.
 I could not check it today, maybe tomorrow; but others please don't
hold back.

>   you didn't make it up but it's your responsibility now :)
 I agree with Thijs.

>   Maybe change the short one to "View, edit and compile LaTeX documents
>   entirely from within Vim".
 Sounds very good.

> - You've made some miscellaneous changes but you didn't mention them in
>   the changelog:
>     * New upstream release
>     * Adoption of package (Closes: #307166)
>   For example: you've updated the standards-version, you've added a
>   dependency and made changes to debian/rules. Please make sure you
>   document all the packaging changes you make in your changelog.
 Same here, agree with Thijs; but a sum as 'packaging changes' or
corrections would be enough IMHO.

> - Standards-Version: you've changed this to 3.6.2.2, I'd suggest to
>   state just "3.6.2".
[...]
> - debian/rules: for clarity, please remove the commented-out dh_*
>   commands.
 Agree.

> - debhelper: you could consider moving to debhelper compatibility
>   level 5 (newest and recommended) but this is not necessary.
 ...and leaving it on level 4 would make it a bit easier to backport the
package to Sarge.

> Good luck with the adoption, and if you look at these points I'm pretty
> sure that someone will sponsor you.
 I'm interested, but may not find the time even tomorrow.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS