Re: kqemu package

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
Would you know any project to make a kqemu Debian package?
I know there is already a qemu, I just subscribed to the ML, but how
about kqemu?

The problem is, you are not allowed to distribute kqemu. So, the only thing you will be legally permitted to do with your package will be installing it on any number of machines under your control.

If you don't insist on having proper packages:
# apt-get build-dep qemu
$ apt-get source qemu
Untar the kqemu tarball inside the qemu dir. The last time I checked, kqemu had version 0.7.2 while qemu 0.8.0 -- but it's ok.

Then, you need to make sure you have proper kernel headers in /usr/src/linux (or somewhere else, in this case you'll have to append --kernel-path= to configure).

Then, you build qemu normally, it's configure script will notice the kqemu subdir and build it as well. The deb will have support for kqemu enabled, but won't include the package itself. 'make install' as root inside the kqemu dir will fix that.

In order to make proper packages, you would have to edit kqemu/Makefile and kqemu/install.sh, changing all hard-coded paths appropiately.

--
/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,
| kilobyte@mimuw.edu.pl | I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)