Re: RFS: stella -- Atari 2600 Emulator for SDL & X windows

On Saturday 08 April 2006 21:49, Mario Iseli wrote:
> Name: stella
> License: GPL
> ITA: #361345
> Repository: http://www.marioiseli.com/dpkgs/stella/

>  Stella is a portable emulator of the old Atari 2600 video-game console
>  written in C++.  You can play most Atari 2600 games with it.
>  .
>   Homepage: http://stella.sf.net/
>
> stella is a nice atari-emulator, the old maintainer has orphaned it and
> I have adopted it, packaged the new upstream version, upgraded to newer
> policy etc. The package is in contrib because it's target is to run
> closed-source roms. I hope that nervertheless someone sponsors this
> package for me.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Mario

Hi Mario,

I negotiated with the old maintainer via email to take over this package last
week.
I have a fix version of the old package pending upload. (I'm still being
processed for NM, hence the delay in uploading).

I do not see that stella is orphaned on the wnpp bug page?

How can you adopt a package that is not orphaned without agreement of the
current maintainer?

Greetings, Joost Damad

--
The planet Andete is famous for it's killer edible poets.