Debian Themes

Hello Sir,

  We are creating a Linux distribution based on
Debian. For that I want to create our own themes. I am
having only the images. Now I want to know how i can
proceed to create a theme and  make it the default
theme when I install my own distribution.

  I came to now some basice regarding this, that I
need to create an icon theme. metacity theme and GTK
theme. for this. But I am not knowing how I should
start for this. how can I build them and wher eI need
to place them. Do I need to modify in gnome-themes or
gnome-extras-themes package OR build a new pacakage.

 Please guide me in tihis aspect. How I shd start?

Regards
Indraveni