Re: RFS: vamps

This one time, at band camp, Claudio Moratti said:
> On Monday 13 March 2006 19:24, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, Claudio Moratti said:
> > I see quite a few signedness issues while compiling (the packaging
> > itself looks fine, BTW - nice work!).  Are you able to work on these,
> > do you need help, etc?  I would prefer to fix them now, as it's mostly
> > simple stuff (it looks like, anyway), rather than wait until after upload
> > to see if it does cause problems.
> >
> I fixed these warnings with a little patch (attached)
>
> I'm uploading the fixed package to
> http://www.knio.it/debian/vamps/

Looks good.  I am willing to upload at this point.  I just have one more
thing I noticed, and I wanted to let you decide if you want to fix it
now before doing so.

The only issue I see now is that the CFLAGS set in debian/rules are
being ignored.  You can either export them or pass them in the call to
make, like:

export CFLAGS
or
CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" ${MAKE}

It's a fairly minor issue, but I see no point in having options set and
then ignored, as it seems like a path to confusion later.  Let me know
if you want this version uploaded as is, that's fine, or tell me to wait
and upload the fixed version.

Take care,