RFS: libgpiv

Hi,
I just uploaded a repaired package to the debian-mentors repository after I got some
comments from the previous one. The packages are linda and lintian error free.
Lintian issued two warning messages:
"source: package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version 3"
"package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libgpiv2". I don't know what these warnings mean
and if they're important. The package has been builded on Sid and dependancies have
been checked with pbuilder.

As the previous package was not uploaded to the formal Debian repository
by a DD, I did not increase the package number. So, its still an initial release
which also closes the ITP BUG I reported against this package. Is this correct
behaviour?

I perfectly understand that there is very little chance that there is a DD who might
be interested in this software. Even though, I kindly ask whether a DD will sponsor
the package. The software is unique in its kind and will definitely help its users
to install it on the wide range of architecture Debian is supporting. So, please,
give me some help, feedback and an upload.

Though I am the developer of the software as well,
the packaging has been kept separated from the upstream source packages
available at http://gpiv.sourceforge.net

 This library contains functions for evaluating images from a fluid
 flow by means of Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), resulting into a
 velocity field on a rectangular grid. It includes the core functions
 for image acquiring, processing, interrogation, PIV data validation,
 post-processing, input/output and memory allocation.

Thanks a lot in forward,
--
Gerber van der Graaf
Main developer of Gpiv: Open Source Software for Particle Image

http://gpiv.sourceforge.net
pnupg key id: ID D39A2B64