Re: RFS: nmzmail -- indexes and searches email in maildir folders, especially mutt

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 09:06:57AM -0500, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:57:07PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote......
>
> > I would suggest to Enhances: mutt, in addition to suggesting it.
> > Also the homepage field is supposedly supposed to be indented with
> > an extra space.
> >
> > +  -$(MAKE) distclean is evil, see Branden's bug against lintian.
Did you look into this?  It is #325372.

> I already had a build-depends on autotools-dev, but instead of
> copying config.{sub,guess} into the source, I symlink'd them in per
> /u/s/autotools-dev/README.Debian.  This seems to work equally as
> well and results in a much smaller and cleaner .diff file.
Oh, did I just not notice it?  If you update autotools foo at
compile-time, then you should consider removing them in the "clean"
target; this avoids them in the diff, which makes it that much
shorter, cleaner, more "source"like, and more readable.

BTW, I think

+       ln -sf /usr/share/misc/config.sub .

Is not well-behaved for sufficiently old and obscure ln; the . needs
to be a name, instead (but I don't have a reference for this).

CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ./configure

The suggested way to do this is with ./configure CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" ..
check ./configure --help |head.

Of course you can lose the #docbook-to-man example if you don't intend
to use it.

Justin