Re: Question about packaging a kernel module

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 22:16 -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 04:49:59PM -0800, Martin Kelly wrote:

> Install the "module-assistant" package and read its docs.  Many of the
> kernel module packages in the archive use it -- use
>     apt-cache rdepends module-assistant
> to list them.

Is the current kernel source available as a binary package?

I ask because this is not the case on Ubuntu, and AFAICS
this breaches the spirit if not letter of the GPL,
as well as a long tradition of Unix.

On Ubuntu, kernel sources ARE available as binaries. Just not
the current one. Is this Ubuntu being slack, subverting the
Debian system, or is Debian guilty too?

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Async PL, Realtime software consultants