Re: RFC/RFS: ...

* On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 08:33:46AM +0100, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > I guess you mean libacme-brainfck-perl.
> Yes.
>
> > I think there is no need to use such a trick, since the program's name does
> > contain no offending words.
> Well, l-b-p's description doesn't either, yours does to date.

  I fretted for a long time over whether to send this, but no, it has to
be said.  As far as I'm concerned, the most offensive thing that's been
said so far is your line about how "decent" people don't use "bad
words".
  Look, if you want to say the package should be renamed because kids
use Debian and parents should have the right to raise their kids without
profanity in the default install (heh), then OK.  Personally I think
that's a bit excessive, but hey, they're not my kids, right?  But please
keep your moral judgements out of the archive.

  By the way, and I'm not being sarcastic when I say this...I propose
that whatever decision is made on this issue also be applied to the
existing "bitchx" package, for the same reason.

--
  John  ! Since this email isn't signed, you can't really tell it's from
 Buttery! me; I'll hopefully have my computer working normally again